Sunday 29 July 2007

Hobbycraft in my home town

Moving from town to town is as stressful as you can imagine. Not only do you have to find a place, move your stuff, warn every possible company that you move (and there's always someone left out), but you have to find new habits.

Where to buy groceries, where is the closest post office, etc... As a crafter, an important question was "is there a Local Needlework Shop in my new town?"

Checking in the yellow pages, the outlook was grim. Only a little place in the indoor market, for haberdashery. Of course, it isn't dramatic as the internet is usually my first source of crafts.

Thinking of Hobbycraft, the craft superstore, I often wished there was one close to me. Going to Watford is long and stressful, and we tend to get lost on the way.

Yesterday as I was driving pas a shopping center I noticed that in the shops listed there was Hobbycraft !!!! As soon as I was home I checked and it opens September 1st: just before I move !!!!

Needless to say I'm even mre excited about moving now.... My budget might not be though...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we all move in with you or do you accept visitors from all over the world ? :-D I love crafts superstores !!! I miss so much my Michaels and Hobby lobby from Texas . They always have great sales: kit 50% off, DMC threads:5 for 1$, and so on ... Well, now we all know someone is going to have a lot of fun during those depressed moments: a visit there and life is somewhat brighter ;-) Always worked for me !!!

Leeland said...

That's a great point! Another one among many others! So did everyone enjoy your new home?
Big huge hugs!
Lili

 

© New Blogger Templates | Tech Blog