Friday 27 July 2007

Zendoku, the other sudoku

I discovered sudoku during the big sudoku craze. After seeing a tv show with Carol Vordeman from "Countdown", I thought I would never understand the principle. Then, the following day I bought a sudoku puzzle game, the translation from the original japanese one, and spent the whole day try to figure it out. And the addiction started...

The good thing about sudoku is that it clears my head, and I like to do it in the evening as it makes me sleepy.
I love the paper version better than the electronic ones, as you can scribble around, and carry thee book in your bag without fear of breaking it. So when all the PSP and DS sudoku games came out, I wasn't really interested. But then came Zendoku, or "how do turn a basic puzzle into a wacky different game?"

First, for the purists you can play regular sudoku if you want. But Zendoku decided to spice things up by using pictures instead of numbers. And it needs some getting used to, but in the end it's very fun.

But what's really new is the "battle" mode. You can choose your character, assigned to one of the pictures, and fight against opponents. It's not turning sudoku into a 2 players game, though. You solve the grid, but from time to time you have mini games trying to disorient you, and it's up to you not to loose your track of thought...

My favourite section is the "zen", where you solve sudoku puzzles with the pictures.... It really makes me... zen !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds pretty cool, though I really can't picture sudoku with pictures.

Leeland said...

Well, I love this new blog, San. I like the idea of "petits bonheurs", that goes well with my own philosophy. And I love tle bonheurs listed in the margin and all.
Take care!
Lili

 

© New Blogger Templates | Tech Blog